Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just a typical, not-so-ordinary day!!!

JUST A TYPICAL, NOT-SO-ORDINARY DAY!!!!!!!!!

So before I begin this heart felt, self pitiful, simply 'silly' story, I have to tell you about a couple of things that have lead up to today. My oldest twin, Harlee, has figured out how to take her diaper off and she loves doing it. As it would go, if I don't have clothes to put on her right away, then the diaper is off within 5 seconds. NO JOKE!!

She will often put her hand over herself like she is about to go pee, so I obviously try to get a diaper on her as quick as possible before I have a huge mess to clean up. She will also stand up in the bathtub and do the same thing and a couple of times I have gotten her out of the tub, put on a diaper and sure enough within minutes, she has filled the diaper.
Something else I should tell you, is that Kylie's asthma has kicked up again, so she has been on treatments for about 3 days now.
SO..................Here's the story of today.............
As I was minding my own business, sleeping peacefully in my comfy bed, I was distractingly awoke by Harlee crying at 3:30am. This is nothing new for us, it seems to be our "bonding" time that she likes so much! (I have to admit it is nice to just sit and rock them at this age and if I have to do it at 3:30 in the morning, then so be it!!) I get her to sleep and go back to bed, although for some reason I toss and turn and it takes me forever to fall asleep again.
At 5:30am I am awoke by Kylie coming up the stairs and plopping on my bed saying, "I'm coughing so bad mom" so I scrounge myself out of bed again and we make our way down the stairs to start her on breathing treatments. So I knew at this point there was no way I was going back to bed so I waited for Jaylie (the little girl I babysit) to show up and then I hopped into the shower thinking "wow this is going to be a good day to get things done"!
I felt awesomely (is that a word?) good and decided to go all out and make pancakes for breakfast (yes we are cereal eaters most days). My husband, Kylie and I manage to somehow wake Jaylie up and she wasn't too happy with us and her cute little loud cry, along with our loud voices, woke Shyann and Harlee up. Rowdy gets Kylie to school and comes back to the house for a while. We have some pancakes and the kids are all playing happy together. Here's where it gets interesting. Rowdy is going to go help a friend work on his house, and as he is almost out the door, we both notice Shyann has a spot on her pajamas and it smelt like pee. So I laid her down and took off her pj's and diaper. Of course Harlee saw what I've done, so she undoubtedly wants her diaper off too. (she even came over right in front of me and laid down!!) Then they go to the window to wave bye bye to daddy.I automatically jump up and head for the diapers and clothes, but the camera caught my eye, so like any good mother, I grabbed it and snapped this beautiful picture! I then go grab some clothes and the whole time in my mind I'm thinking "hurry cause Harlee is going to pee everywhere." I whisk Harlee up, chuckling with her that she didn't have a chance to pee and make a big mess, while headed for the changing table. While I am in the midst of getting Harlee diapered, Shyann starts whining and walks in holding her hand out and wouldn't you know it....SHYANN had pooped on her little step stool! It was smeared all down her legs, her side and all over her hand. I quickly put Harlee down and started cleaning up Shyann, which I knew by this time that she was going to need a bath so I headed that way. Along our journey I noticed little droppings leading all the way back to where the big prize was!! I didn't know what to clean up first, Shyann or my carpet?!? So I put Shyan down, pick up Jaylie and put her in the playpen with some toys, grab some paper towels to clean up the nasty mess, then grab Shyann and head to the bathtub. It was then I realized I haven't seen Harlee since I put her down from the changing table. Then I remembered I hadn't gotten her clothes on her, just her diaper!!!!
So I tell my 'now crying' little girl to just stand still and momma will be right back and not to touch anything!! (we all say that right!?!) I go looking for Harlee who I find sitting in my kitchen cabinet naked and in a pool of pee! So as it turns out, I am glad I got woke up early to get things done, just not the things that I was hoping for!! Life with twins :)


5 comments:

Eric Rath said...

Pretty sure those girls have it in for you! I can just see them talking "Okay, first you poop all over the place, then just as that's cleaned up, I'll tinkle all over the floor. Be sure to watch Mom's face. It'll be awesome!" :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! I just told dad yesterday that "I think the twins are going to be giving Sarah a run for her money. What one doesn't think of the other will." Have you thought about putting harlee on the pot when she does that??
How is Kylie? Sorry to hear she is having troubles. Hoped we were passed that.
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

This was just too funny Sarah. Thanks for sharing your day with us. (the pic is absolutely adorable!)Hope Kylie is better soon. Give them all sugars for me.
Love ya, Aunt Sherry

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't wait to hear the news the next year as these sugars potty train! Of all of the fun you get to have with 2, potty-training never crossed my mind...and now! I will lift you up in prayer all the more! You are the exact mom that God desires for those girls! All 3! You and Rowdy go get em!---Trenna

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Dec. GIVE US SOME MORE OF YOUR FAM! I should call, but I'll think about that tomorrow. Love you---Trenna